How many times have you vowed to start running (or any sort of work-out in general), only to end up feeling disappointed in yourself for not pulling through? We know we have! Quite a few to be honest!
Running is the cheapest and easiest way of boosting your health, mood and fitness level. Here at mompsy we call it our all-natural anti-depressant!
- Baby-steps. Don’t start with unrealistic goals of running 5K in your first attempts. Begin with 5 minutes per day and slowly build-up.
- Music music music! We can’t stress this enough!!! Download your favourite playlist, whatever gets you going and focus on the beat.
- Pamper yourself to some good running shoes. They are extremely important in order to minimize the risk of injury.
- Focus on your breathing. Inhale through the nose, exhale through your mouth.
- Spice it up! Run for a few minutes, then walk. This way you’ll burns more calories.
- Remember to stretch before & after your run.