Today, we’ll be sharing with you our guilt-free chocolate cupcake recipe. Sure, we can post hundreds of heavenly sugar-bombs, but being able to get a tasty yet healthy recipe is not an easy task. After many attempts we have finally concluded, to the without doubt, yummiest healthy cupcake recipe out there.
They are easy to make, making them the ultimate recipe for our busy-bee moms. These sugar & butter-free heavenly bites are perfect for breakfast as well as an after-school snack for your kids. Trust us- they will love them!
- 1 cup honey
- 1 3/4 whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 olive oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 175° C.
- In a large bowl add the whole-wheat flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda and stir them together.
- Add the eggs, milk, honey, olive oil and vanilla and mix on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Add the boiling water. Your mixture should now be very thin.
- Use two cupcake racks and line with bake cups.
- Fill in each bake cup just a bit over halfway.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool before frosting
Let us know what you think!! And if you still want to indulge a little..below you can find the recipe of our favourite avocado frosting!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp softened butter
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp lemon
- Mix in a food processor the avocado, butter and lemon juice.
- Add the sugar and vanilla extract and blend until smooth
- Frost your cupcakes!